Egyptian Dog Breeds
Introduction about Egyptian dog
Egyptian dog owners in Egypt and abroad praise the intelligence of this family, as it is distinguished from the rest of the species in the shape of its body and the purity of this chapter.
Egyptian dogs are also considered loyal to their owners and described an Egyptian dog breeder as more intelligent and guardable than the German Shepherd family. Egyptian dogs are one of the oldest breeds, dating back to the Pharaonic times and considered one of the few breeds that remained without prejudice to human intervention.
the Egyptian desert dog is a medium-sized dog with a strong structure, smart, loyal, friendly, funny, and always on standby to defend their owners. They have ears like a wolf very erect, so they are like an early warning system. They are distinguished by strength and will but trainable, they have short hairs so they require minimal care, and they are closely related to humans. the Egypt Dog now diffuses all around the world because of Its characteristics.
The characteristics of Egyptian Dogs
The height of Egyptian dogs reaches 70 cm and usually weighs 25 kg, and dog breeders believe that the secret to anti-Egyptian dogs is that they are available in the street without a price and Always harassed by young people, he appears fiercely for self-defense, completely lacking care and hygiene.
Breeders emphasize that if Egyptian dogs find an opportunity to take care, hygiene and immunization against diseases and good training, their owners will discover how smart they are, how quickly they learn, and their response to dogs training, In addition to his loyalty and love for his owner, he will discover the many benefits for him from guarding the home, caring for the little kids and caressing them, gaining a friend and loyal to all family members, and protecting the house from thieves and intruders.beside all that Egyptian dogs has a beautiful in shape,
Egyptian Dog Breeds
Some of the oldest dog breeds can be traced back to ancient Egypt Dog Breeds. It’s often suggested that it was the ancient Egyptians that domesticated dogs. we have some Egyptian dog names I see it as the most famous breeds in Egypt you won’t be surprised if you hear people call this breeds “the Egyptian dog god”
some of the Egyptian dog breeds come from the Egyptian wolf .and there is another kind of Egyptian hairless dog it look the same as Xoloitzcuintli dog
list of the Egyptian Dogs Breed
1. Egyptian Saluki
HEIGHT: 23 to 28 inches
WEIGHT: 40 to 60 pounds
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: this Egyptian dog breed has a Feathered or smooth coat and they have distinctive long, softly feathered ears; come in white or cream, fawn, black and tan or grizzle and tan, and golden color varieties.
We cannot speak about Egyptian dog breeds without mentioning Saluki, The elegant and athletic Saluki is often argued as being one of the oldest of all dog breeds. Their history can be traced back over at least 5,000 years. this Egyptian dog breeds diffuse around the world.this breed is the fastest breed dogs in the world after the Greyhound breed
HEIGHT: 16 to 17 inches
WEIGHT: 20 to 25 pounds
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: Smooth, short coat in chestnut red, black, brindle, or tri-color (black and red); all have white feet, chest and tail tip; may have white legs, blaze, and collar; tail is curled over onto the back.
The Basenji is one of my favorite Egyptian dog breeds some people call it African patich dog another breed that is often quoted as being one of the oldest in the world. They also bear a striking resemblance to dogs that were painted on the tombstones of Egyptian Pharaohs. Over the years, the breeds of excellent hunting skills became sought after by tribesman in Central Africa.
3. Ibizan Hound
HEIGHT: 23 to 28 inches (males); 22 to 26 inches (females)
WEIGHT: 50 pounds (male); 45 pounds (female)
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: Coarse hair that can be smooth or wiry; come in solid red, solid white, or white and red patterns; graceful, athletic-looking dog with distinctive large, pricked ears.one Egyptian Guard Dogs
the Ibizan Hound dog breed is considered as native to the Balearic Islands, off the coast of Spain. These elegant sighthounds, however, are another breed that can easily trace their original lineage back to ancient Egypt. Dogs bearing a striking resemblance to the breed have been found on various tombstones and historical artifacts.
4.Pharaoh Hound “Egyptian dog god”
HEIGHT: 21 to 25 inches
WEIGHT: 45 to 55 pounds
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: this Egyptian dog breed is Short, smooth glossy coat that only comes in shades of tan; noble and athletic in appearance with large, pricked ears. its a one of the Strangest Dog Breeds in the world.
The Pharaoh Hound or “Egyptian hairless dog” is another ancient breed that has traceable Egyptian dog heritage, even if they aren’t classed as native to the country. It’s another one thought to have come over to Europe with the Phoenician traders, before being developed on the Island of Malta.this breed its an Egyptian shepherd dog. they did use this breed for hunting also because his speed that can be up to 35 mph its is one of the fastest dog breeds in the world
5.Baladi Street Dog
HEIGHT: 20 to 25 inches
WEIGHT: 40 to 55 pounds
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: this Egyption dog is Short, and has pricked ears.
While Baladi dogs aren’t classed as one of the egyption breed, this type of dog is the most common in Egypt. These native stray dogs are prolific across the streets and rural countryside of the country.
HEIGHT: 21 to 28 inches
WEIGHT: 44 to 60 pounds
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS: Short, pricked ears.
As it crosses from the Egyptian dogs of origin. Many of you do not know her when talking about the Armenian dog. We talk about the finest guard dogs in the world, as it is characterized by very strong intelligence and its great ability to know the people near and the strange people about it, in addition to that its wonderful and beautiful appearance that is characterized by very thick hair that gives it a more than wonderful view And multiple colors.
Egyptian Dogs In Ancient Egypt
In ancient Egypt, they had a special love for animals, so much so that they even mummified them when they died so that they could go beyond. Dogs were considered one of the families in all social strata.
There are paintings in which this love for dogs is represented and in many tombs in the Valley of the Kings, leather necklaces have been found painted in colors and even with metallic appliques. Furthermore, they were polytheistic people, with many gods who embodied different and amazing qualities. Considering that love for the furry four-legged and considering that you adore your puppy as the Egyptians adored their gods, wouldn’t it be nice to name your dog with the name of a god that looks like it? and this is why Egyptian dogs breed had a high place in dogs breed. back to ancient Egyptian it even called Egyptian dog god .
there are some people who think that the ancient Egyptians did use Sloughi for hunting and as a guard dog, and to this day we still see the same thing in Egypt.
Egyptian Dog Names
if you still think to have a dog or already have a puppy you can choose from these Egyptian dog names.
Egyptian Dog names for males
Here is a list of the most popular Egyptian gods and their meaning so you can find the Egyptian name that best fits your male dog:
- Ra: He was the god of the sun, of the origin of life and of the sky. This name is perfect for a powerful dog as well as one who loves to lie down and sunbathe.
- Bes / Bisu: He is the god of goodness, the one who protected homes and children from evil. He was represented as a short, chubby god, with long hair, and with his tongue hanging out, he drove away evil spirits thanks to his ugliness. It is an ideal name for a chubby and very noble dog that children love.
- Seth / Set: He is the god of storm, war, and violence. He was a somewhat dark god who represented brute force. This name is good for mischievous and easily angry dogs.
- Anubis: He was the god of death and of the Necropolis. It was represented by a man with a black head of a jackal or a dog. This Egyptian dog name is perfect for a calm, black, enigmatic, and reserved dog.
- Osiris: He was the god of the resurrection, of vegetation and agriculture. It is a perfect name for a dog that likes the field. Furthermore, Osiris was killed by his brother and later his wife, Isis, resurrected him. So it is also a good name for a rescued dog, which has suffered trauma and has “revived” finding a new family that loves it.
- Toth: He was a magician, the god of wisdom, music, writing, and the magical arts. They said that he was the creator of the calendar and that he was the time meter. This name beats a calm dog with extraordinary intelligence.
- Min / Menu: He was the moon god of fertility and male sexuality. It was represented with the erect penis. It is a funny name for a dog that wants to ride everything.
- Montu: He was a falcon-headed warrior god who protected Pharaoh in battle. It is a perfect name for strong dogs, guardians, and protectors with their families.
Egyptian dog names for females
And if your furry partner is a female, here is a list of Egyptian goddess names and their meaning, perfect for naming your new partner:
- Bastet: she was the goddess of cats, fertility, and protector of the home. It is an ideal name for a mommy dog or one that gets along very well with cats.
- Sakhmet / Sejmet: she was the goddess of war and revenge. He was a deity with great anger who, if he managed to appease himself, helped his followers to overcome their enemies. It is a name for a dog with a strong character, who gets angry easily but is very faithful to its owner.
- Neit: goddess of war and hunting, in addition to wisdom. He was represented carrying a bow with two arrows. This Egyptian dog name is perfect for a furry with hunting instincts, who loves to chase birds or anything else in the park.
- Hathor: she was the goddess of love, dance, joy and music. If your dog is full of energy and is an earthquake of happiness, the Egyptian name of Hathor is perfect for her.
- Isis: in Egyptian mythology its name meant “throne”. She was considered the queen of the gods or the great mother goddess. This name is ideal for a powerful dog, the most important of the pack.
- Anukis / Anuket – She was the goddess of water and protector of the Nile making it a perfect name for female dogs who love to swim and bathe in water.
- Mut: the mother goddess, the goddess of heaven, and the origin of all creation. To those fucks who have been great mothers.
- Nephthys: known as “the lady of the house”, she was the goddess of darkness, darkness, night, and death. It was said that he accompanied the deceased to the afterlife. The name of Neftis beats a bitch with a black coat, mysterious, calm, and silent.
- Maat: symbolized justice and cosmic harmony, defended truth and cosmic balance. This goddess helped Ra in her fight against Apophis (an embodiment of evil), that is, in the fight of good against evil, so that good would always reign. It is a perfect Egyptian dog name for a faithful and loyal dog that defends its owners.
Egyptian shepherd dog
some of you may ask is there any Egyptian shepherd dog the answer is yes there are some Egyptian breeds that use for things like that even most of the Egyptian dogs breed used as guarded or to flaunt. as Armant and Saluki breed considered as Egyptian shepherd dog breed or some mixed breed from German Shepherd Dog and some Egyptian breed.